Laser Hair Removal
At Revitalize MD MedSpa & Laser Center we are continually updating our technology to ensure that you are always being treated with the safest, and most effective lasers on the market. We combine the powerful Candela GentleYAG and Alexandrite laser technologies to ensure that you get the results you want. Our propriety treatment protocols ensure the highest amount of hair reduction that a client can achieve. Our Medical Director and Licensed laser technicians carefully evaluate your skin color, hair color, genetics and medical history before they put together a customized laser program for you.
Absolutely! All of our lasers are FDA approved for all areas of the body and all skin types. All Revitalize MD technicians are thoroughly trained prior to working with our clientele. On-going quality control and re-training is a priority and when performed by trained and experienced practitioners, side effects from laser hair removal are uncommon.
Side effects are generally temporary and uncommon but may include: Hyperpigmentation (darkening of skin), hypopigmentation (loss of skin pigmentation), mild to moderate burns or blisters, temporary redness, follicular edema (little pink/red “puffiness” and small bumps like “goose bumps”) swelling and itching in treated area, bruising, and a lack of desired results. The best way to minimize the risk of side effects is to avoid sun exposure for 7 days pre and post treatment and provide your technician with an accurate and up to date medical history. Clients who are pregnant should not be treated for laser hair removal.
- Avoid all alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy products (AHA/BHA), hydroquinones, retinols/retinoids, aspirin, Tazorac, Differin, and Vitamin E products for 3 days before your treatment.
- Clients should come to their treatment with clean skin in the area to be treated.
- Avoid extended sun exposure or tanning for 1 week prior to treatment.
- Clients who are darkly tanned or sunburned should wait at least 2 weeks before being treated in order to avoid additional skin damage.
- Avoid application of self-tanning lotions for 3 days prior to treatment.
- The area to be treated must be clean shaven.
- For hair removal clients, stop waxing, tweezing or plucking 3 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you are prone to cold sores, take an anti-viral medication (such as Valtrex) prior to your treatment.
- Clients who have used Accutane within the last 6 months CANNOT have laser hair removal.
- Clients should not perform any physical activity that increases body temperature or blood pressure immediately before or after laser treatments.
- If you are prone to histamine (allergic) reactions inform your esthetician prior to receiving any laser treatments.
- Clients with red, grey or blonde hair, in the area to be treated, should consult with an esthetician prior to receiving treatments, as the laser is less effective on these hair colors.
- During your treatment, you can expect slight discomfort, similar to a rubber-band snap on your skin. A topical numbing agent is available by prescription and can be applied 60 minutes prior to your treatment.
- You should experience slight redness, bumps, and swelling in the treated area for up to 72 hours. If these conditions persist, topical creams such as aloe, calamine or hydrocortisone may be applied.
- Allow 1 week post treatment for hair to “fall out”.
- On average, patients experience 20-30% less re-growth after every treatment.
- On average, patients experience 70-90% reduction in hair growth after a series of 6-12 treatments.
- For best results, maintain a consistent treatment schedule.
Our pricing is one of the most affordable programs in Southwest Ohio. We offer small, medium and large area treatment packages and also offer an incentive to our clients when purchasing packages for additional areas. We make hair removal affordable and we can easily give you a quote over the phone, via email or in person.
The simple answer is that lasers emit a pulse of light, which is absorbed by the pigmentation, and blood vessels of the hair follicle. When that light is absorbed by the hair follicle, it is converted to heat, which then destroys the follicle. When the hair follicle is destroyed, it is unable to re-grow hair. Because of the unique properties of each laser wavelength, the tissue surrounding the hair follicle is left untouched leaving you simply smooth.
Revitalize MD works with the best laser manufacturers in the industry. Candela and Syneron are the leaders in advanced laser technology with the GentleYAG and Alexandrite technologies to provide you the very best treatment possible.
The average number of treatments needed to achieve the full effect of laser hair removal varies greatly from person to person, and can vary between body parts. The majority of clients will end up needing about 6-12 treatments to accomplish permanent results. We also offer a Lifetime Service Agreement after the completion of your initial treatment package, that will allow up to 4 treatments per year for the treatment area. Please call us for more details.
Hair follicles transition through active and dormant stages. With each treatment, we will cover the entire skin surface, but only those follicles that are “active” will be impacted. When a follicle is dormant, the laser light cannot be absorbed, and the follicle is left undamaged. Only about 30-50% of your hair is actively growing at any given time, so multiple treatments are necessary to ensure that we treat every single hair follicle.
Yes, laser hair removal is permanent. Most Revitalize MD clients can expect to achieve 70-90% permanent hair reduction. Hair removal is less effective on red, blonde or grey hair. Hormonal changes can cause re-growth, but our Lifetime Service Agreement can help to keep you smooth!
Thanks to our state-of-the-art technology at Revitalize MD MedSpa & Laser Center, almost everybody is a great candidate for laser hair removal. We can treat all skin colors and hair types. Laser hair removal is less effective on clients with red, blonde or grey hair, so we recommend that you come in for a consultation so that we can give you an accurate idea of what results you can expect
Laser hair removal can be very comfortable with the aid of effective technology that includes a burst of cooling cryogen during each pulse or numbing cream, if necessary. Your technician will do everything possible to make your treatment comfortable.
We can treat anybody area for both men and women. The most popular areas for women include upper lip, underarms, bikini line, and legs. The most popular areas for men include the back of the neck, back, chest, and abdomen.
X-Small treatment areas include:
- Upper Lip
Small treatment areas include:
- Bikini line
- Feet or Hands
- Jaw line
Medium treatment areas include:
- Full Face
- Half Arms
- Full Bikini / Brazilian
- Feet and Hands
Large treatment areas include
- Half Legs
- Half Back
- Full Arms
X-Large treatment areas include:
- Chest and Abs
- Full Back
- Full Legs